Bare Bottom to Sand

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! So I have had my 40Breeder going for 4+ years as a bare Bottom I love it But long story short I got a bunch of coral,snails etc from someone breaking down a tank in this deal was a Conch so guess I will end up needing sand if when adding the sand do I need to worry about my hermits and other snails being buried etc?

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't add sand just for that conch. If you're happy with your bare bottom and things are going well and your aquarium I wouldn't change anything.

OP
OP
J

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I've kinda debated on but really dont want to go through the hassle of trying to re-home or get it back to a fish store for a small amount of credit either since I know it won't survive with BB

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I've kinda debated on but really dont want to go through the hassle of trying to re-home or get it back to a fish store for a small amount of credit either since I know it won't survive with BB
It may not survive in new sand either. There will be nothing for it to eat.
I added sand to a bare bottom so I could add a haddoni. I regret it . I love the look of sand but I don't know how people keep it looking clean. Mine always ends up with diatoms then cyano and never looks like the clean tanks I see online

OP
OP
J

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may not survive in new sand either. There will be nothing for it to eat.
I added sand to a bare bottom so I could add a haddoni. I regret it . I love the look of sand but I don't know how people keep it looking clean. Mine always ends up with diatoms then cyano and never looks like the clean tanks I see online
Well I do have some stuff left on the bottom I could leave a little and ad sand

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 89 41.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 106 49.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back