Battleing dinoflagellates!

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all...I'm new to R2R and new to the hobby as well. Only been at this for 5 months and guess what...I have dinos!:sad: I've been doing a lot of research here on the internet about dinos and how to beat them. I have come to realize they may be the biggest challenge I will encounter as a reefer. Let me tell you what I have already done. On Sept 4th I went lights out...covered the tank with tarp and dosed hydrogen peroxide at 8 ml twice a day.(I have a 75 gal tank with a 20 gal sump)Most of what I read said to dose once daily 1ml x 10gal but on one sight I read how someone dosed twice the recommended amount so I did too.(risky!) Well after 3 days I removed the tarp and the dinos was gone. The few coral and fish I have in there made it through fine. Unfortunately it is back! Didn't take long did it! So, this time I've decided to try Fuana Marin Ultra Algae X which is supposed to kill dinos and you don't have to go lights out. I really like that part. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Zero Nitrates

I love chalices
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might try to increase the flow in the tank and use a turkey baster to blow dinoflagellates off the rocks once a day.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 42.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 103 49.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back