Big tanks are a trap :p

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because the stocking options you get at larger tanks are too tan(g)talizing. You will still run into nutrient issues, and issues in general, and still have to do some amount of maintenance. Some of these may be unique to larger tanks.
This Right Here!!! This was my Major Downfall!! Tangtalizing, I love it.

I have 7 left. I lost 3 other beautiful larger fish because I added them to late. The one that I most clearly regret was the beautiful Chocolate Mimic I lost. Picture I took of him the day I put a deposit down to hold him for me for 2 weeks in a QT tank at my LFS.
He was the last large fish I have tried to add to my tank. My Tang Gang just butchers em.

I did add a 3 color wrasse a few weeks ago, and he is doing ok, but he can swim into the holes in the marco rock and hide.

20240430_190516.jpg

At this juncture I wish I had not added the Skat or the Rabbitfish. And trying to catch anything in there is a pain in the tailfins.

I am making plans to remove and rehome a couple of my fish. Right now I am thinking I remove the Skat, Rabbitfish, and the Skopas . Ya the Skopas has a great personality if you like a mud colored jerkwaffle. Since they are all so large I might just give them to https://www.omahazoo.com/. It's only about 15 minutes away.

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Please do a build thread! This sounds awesome.

I plan to along with YouTube videos for documentation purposes. I want to get the tank going a little bit so posts and videos aren't so boring. A tank with water and rock doesn't have much to discuss currently

SHOULD WE KEEP PREDATORY FISH IN HOME AQUARIUMS? SHARE YOUR FAVORITE PREDATORY FISH?

• Yes, but only if the owner is adequately prepared and knowledgeable about keeping predatory fish.

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • No, predatory fish require more care than what we can give in our homes.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • It depends on which predatory fish is in question.

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back