BTA away from light

Joseph_Joe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I got a new green BTA for my 50g 5 month old tank. She is the only 1 and I managed to settle her somewhere on a rock pillar. She is stuck to it on a vertical way, but just below a flat rock. She seems to like the location since she didn't move all week.
My concern is that I read that light is most important food source for BTAs but my upper flat rock is hiding her from light, although she is close to the surface (3-4") so light can very partially reflect on the rock below and sometimes her tentacles can extend to where the light reaches. She doesn't eat when I give her food (frozen brine shrimp cube or live food like tuna) so I wanna make sur she is fine.
She is also not bubbly, she open and retract periodically throught the day.

Is everything fine ?

Last edited:

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it isn't moving and looks good (open), then it is happy. More light is reflected off the glass than you'd think, and BTAs don't need massive PAR.

OP
OP
Joseph_Joe

Joseph_Joe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it isn't moving and looks good (open), then it is happy. More light is reflected off the glass than you'd think, and BTAs don't need massive PAR.
The last 2 days, she seem to deflate like this during daytime and regain "normal volume" starting from mid-afternoon like nothing happened.
Is she complaining ? I don't see her picking the food I give her. Crabs are quicker than her After 20-30 mins.

Attachments

• IMG20240521113053.jpg
    IMG20240521113053.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG20240521111820.jpg
    IMG20240521111820.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Joseph_Joe

Joseph_Joe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the issue. I have 2 pumps, 1 from each side of the tank. I alternate using one of them every 3-4 days.
For some reason, BTA didn't like when only the pump of the left side was On.
BTA back to normal look. Very few bubble shapes but I am a patient man

Back