Bubble Tip Anemone Help

Mendozau89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef 2 Reef.
Ive had a bubble tip anemone for about a month now in a 5 gallon tank that is1 month established and it was doing great until about a week ago.
I keep Thai tank under blue light, the white light was just for the picture.
It’s been deflated for a couple of days with no come back. It’s still fully attached to rock and very coloreful, visibly not falling apart in any way.
Just wondering if a culprit can be identified with this quick explanation and a video.
My clownfish are still very interested in it but can’t get anything out of it in its current state.
a shot in any direction helps.
Thank you.

IMG_8355.jpeg IMG_8356.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to say but that's not going to be a very good setup for what you have. Anemone need a mature system. Usually I recommend that you're good once coraline starts becoming a problem. Additionally your clown should have a 20g tank.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1. Rethink the tank size. Parameter changes in a 20g are hard enough to deal with, but in a 5 gallon? An order of magnitude harder.

OP
OP
Mendozau89

Mendozau89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1. Rethink the tank size. Parameter changes in a 20g are hard enough to deal with, but in a 5 gallon? An order of magnitude harder.
This did cross my mind.
I have other tanks but I thought it would be nice if I could have a large nem as the main piece of a 5 gallon tank.
So you think it’s the water/parameters?

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be. You didn't list any. But even IF you parameters are perfect, it's still way too small. Look at it this way.....If you were that fish, would you like the incredibly limited space provided? I used to keep 2 clowns in a 10g tank back in the day. I still feel guilty about that. It wasn't nearly enough room. Remember, you are your livestock's steward. It's your job to provide them with the best possible life. Now, I may sound like I'm lecturing, and perhaps I am. But I'm 60 and have raised 2 kids all the way up. So now I can't help myself!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back