Bubblegum digitata question.

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A while back I purchased a frag of bubblegum digitata. It did not go well, or so I thought. Months after pulling off the bleached remains of the original frag, I saw some unexpected growth.
IMG_0076.jpeg

It has since grown into what I can only call a small hand(name earned I guess) but so far I only see green.
Will it ever regrow the other colors it once had? Or is there something about the way the original frag was grown that gave it its pinkish color?

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Infind digitatas like alot of white in their lighting. My fire digitata didn't like just straight blues that my kessil was putting out then I added the quanta reef crest pro and it went insane. Give enough of the right light it will return to form

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A while back I purchased a frag of bubblegum digitata. It did not go well, or so I thought. Months after pulling off the bleached remains of the original frag, I saw some unexpected growth.
IMG_0076.jpeg

It has since grown into what I can only call a small hand(name earned I guess) but so far I only see green.
Will it ever regrow the other colors it once had? Or is there something about the way the original frag was grown that gave it its pinkish color?
If it's growing it will come back to its full glory.

Check this out. This hugh colony died. I swapped tanks and dipped everything in ivermectin for spionid coral boring worms.
Signs of life....I took this shot last night before cleaning.
I never remove coral until I'm 100% sure it's dead and stuff grew over it. Yes, the rest of the colony looks like dog $#*t but it should/will come back.

20240626_161830.jpg 20240626_161849.jpg

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 57 25.6%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 97 43.5%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 56 25.1%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 13 5.8%
Back