Building a automated rotifer culture.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0605.jpeg

Hi folks in the past I’ve shared the diagram and methods involved in building a fully automated phytoplankton culture although I don’t believe I have shared how to automate a rotifers culture using the automated phytoplankton culture.

This was development 8 or 9 years back and it was lost in a thread were I shared the effects and benefits of having one at hand with the main aspect of it to be nearly zero maintenance and no culture splitting involved.

Diagram for the automated phytoplankton culture

IMG_0607.jpeg

Link to thread were I’ve build it a few years back.

Diagram for the automated rotifers culture

IMG_0540.jpeg

in this thread I will be sharing how I’m building the new version and how to fully automate it in a way that can run for as many years as it will be required to run by me.

Montipora Digitata in that first system 8 years ago

IMG_8751.png

IMG_8752.png

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep us updated on your build
I have build the phytoplankton reactor in a past thread, if you like me to share the link, as it seems that I may not have to build this anymore. The idea as I started ordering parts was to try and produce enough bacteria to feed some hard to keep Organisms like carnations and feather stars that would feed on phytoplankton and rotifers decaying.
It seems not necessarily now as I’ve encountered a difference method of controlling the growth of large cell microscopic organisms that it seems to be working in a controlled way, without the pollution that phytoplankton could bring to a tank.
Hopefully I should be able to start those trials in the coming weeks.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back