California reefers

FDchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any on here? The local forums are pretty much dead. I find myself up and down the Central Valley, mostly Sacramento, occasionally up in NorCal. I avoid the Bay Area at all costs but try to get to the Monterey peninsula and the coast of so cal as much as possible. I know I’ve see a few Blue windows in my town (solano county) but don’t really know anyone else that keeps a reef tank. So where’s the best place to connect with local reefers in California?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello & Welcome
We’re here in California today and tomorrow at the vendor show in Anaheim
Definitely a lot of reefers from around here

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BAR is the largest reef club in your area that I know of. We have members as south as Salinas and there’s also members in the Sacramento area. I know there’s a CFM that’s happening 09/15 in Sac so that’d be local to you.

Attachments

• IMG_0104.png
    IMG_0104.png
    338.7 KB · Views: 19

folsomreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any on here? The local forums are pretty much dead. I find myself up and down the Central Valley, mostly Sacramento, occasionally up in NorCal. I avoid the Bay Area at all costs but try to get to the Monterey peninsula and the coast of so cal as much as possible. I know I’ve see a few Blue windows in my town (solano county) but don’t really know anyone else that keeps a reef tank. So where’s the best place to connect with local reefers in California?
Cheers from Folsom. Just going to leave this here: http://www.coralfarmersmarket.com/cfmprotour_sacramentocoralshow_2024_fall.htm

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome!

I'm in the 707. I usually go to Cali Kid in Concord to browse. They have a good selection but a bit pricey. They have events every now and then in collaboration with BAR. Islander Corals in Fairfield just opened up. The owner is really nice and is down to talk shop with customers. Small shop but have a decent selection. Near me, I go to Vallejo Aquarium for basic supplies. The owners are cool there as well.

CFM in Sac just started. First one is September 15th. There's also a CFM in Sunnyvale on September 14th. The Sunnyvale CFM is where I get most of my corals. I'm also a member of various FB groups for the SF Bay Area. I've gotten some pieces from local reefers at good prices. Some of the well known reefers actually sell at coral shows and that's when prices tend to climb.

I'm not a member of BAR. Seems to be some old drama between the original admins of BAR and admins of some of the local FB groups. I did try to join BAR 4-5 years ago to borrow a PAR meter, but no one ever replied back, so
Sesame Street Idk GIF

If you ever want to trade coral or talk reef, just message me on here.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LAX is the best place for landing South Pacific coral and fish, and the local stores and reefers have first pick at the wild stuff.

Welcome to Reef2Reef

Attachments

• IMG_3793.jpeg
    IMG_3793.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3759.jpeg
    IMG_3759.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 13

Coral Your World

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not a member of BAR. Seems to be some old drama between the original admins of BAR and admins of some of the local FB groups. I did try to join BAR 4-5 years ago to borrow a PAR meter, but no one ever replied back, so
Sesame Street Idk GIF

If you ever want to trade coral or talk reef, just message me on here.
Cant speak for BAR 4-5 years ago, but it’s a great (for the most part) group of hobbyists that are super knowledgeable and passionate about the hobby. PAR meter and other equipment are available to borrow and plenty of speaker events, aquarium tours and frag swaps, including one coming up in October for members only!

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never been a member of BAR but long ago I know some reefers from our small group that are active there, though not pretty sure since my only reefing knowledge source is R2R for the longest time now. I am not sure too if there are other groups that exist specially in our area (Solano County).

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back