Can’t keep anything alive, need help

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I get the tank up and running again I should get Nassarius snails and a brittle star or an Urchin?
No, add clean-up crew as you see algae. If you start to see algae on the rocks add two trochus or turbo snails. If you see algae in your sand get a few narsarius snails. Brittle stars are a little trickier they will clean inside the holes and crevices around the tank, which you can't see into so add one around 2-3 months in, alternatively you could get a group of micro brittle stars, which will do the same, but they can get in even smaller crevices.

OP
OP
A

Adamski08

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Royal Gramma is a great fish provided you have rock work and the tank is at least 20g.

They all can get disease. Don’t let that stop you.

Clowns, once settled are usually quite long lived are great in pairs and in at least 20g, allow for a couple other friends.
So if I want Clowns I should only buy captive breed?

twentyleagues

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
s
Just for future problems, why does increasing temperature to 81 reduce the fallow period by so much?
Speeds up the life cycle of the infection if a parasite. With no fish will complete the life cycle faster and with no fish to infect will die sooner.

OP
OP
A

Adamski08

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you buying online?
Or at store?
I've found a new store which looks to take much better care of their fish, however I don't know if they're wild caught or captive breed. the website where i bought a clown earlier from sold captive breed.

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was supposed to bring them a water sample after dosing Trimarin for three days so I will ask them when I'm supposed to give them a water sample. Should I still dose the Trimarin or just quit it?
Is there fish in the tank? If not, then stop and go fallow for 2-3 months.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, not with that product.
Just stop it, it’s useless.

Wait the 76 days at normal temperature or elevate temp to 81 and go 45-50 days.
Are you sure?

Disclaimer: TRIMARIN must not be used in aquariums containing invertebrates such as sea anemones, corals and crustaceans. To treat disease in an aquarium containing invertebrates, use eSHa OODINEX.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION! Contains copper, do not overdose! Do not use in aquariums containing invertebrates

I doubt he will have coral success after dosing this in the tank.

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was supposed to bring them a water sample after dosing Trimarin for three days so I will ask them when I'm supposed to give them a water sample. Should I still dose the Trimarin or just quit it?
Trimarin contains copper so you really need to get new rock and sand or find a way to clean it.

twentyleagues

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stop if you want cuc and corals in the future. Not sure what is in it but it says for marine tanks without inverts right on it. If it has copper you are done with any inverts in that tank that includes corals.

OP
OP
A

Adamski08

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stop if you want cuc and corals in the future. Not sure what is in it but it says for marine tanks without inverts right on it. If it has copper you are done with any inverts in that tank that includes corals.
I't doesn't mention removing rocks but "better safe then sorry" i guess

twentyleagues

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I't doesn't mention removing rocks but "better safe then sorry" i guess
copper will get in the rocks and "leach" out over time killing inverts. It specifically states not to use it in tanks with inverts. And since "we" know the rocks will "absorb" the copper in the stuff you can not use those rocks with corals in the future....sorry. Bad advise from that lfs.

Back