Can scolys be acclimated to higher par?

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a LPS tank and I'm trying to balance everyone's needs.

On the high end I have a torch that I've been told would benefit from 250ish par.

On the low end of lighting needs, I have some nice bright fungia/cycloseris and I am considering adding scolys to the tank.

The tank is a 40g aio lit by an xr30 gen4. The problem is that my par gradient in the tank is rather small. When I have the max par set to 150, the top of the rockwork is 150 and the sand bed is like 125.

I guess my question is, if I target 250 par for the higher light torch, can the fungia and scoly be acclimated up to like 175? If I do this, will I likely shift their colors?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a LPS tank and I'm trying to balance everyone's needs.

On the high end I have a torch that I've been told would benefit from 250ish par.

On the low end of lighting needs, I have some nice bright fungia/cycloseris and I am considering adding scolys to the tank.

The tank is a 40g aio lit by an xr30 gen4. The problem is that my par gradient in the tank is rather small. When I have the max par set to 150, the top of the rockwork is 150 and the sand bed is like 125.

I guess my question is, if I target 250 par for the higher light torch, can the fungia and scoly be acclimated up to like 175? If I do this, will I likely shift their colors?
My Scolys are perfectly happy sitting at 200.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back