Can you help me identify what this little critter could be!?

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a good deal on some live rock from a gentleman on Facebook probably about 50 lb for about 80 bucks. The rock looks good supposedly he was storing it in a container with a powerhead and heater I don't know if I believe the heater part but besides that The Rock is definitely covered in Spirorbid worms which really isn't a big deal to me either but I saw this little beetle-like critter crawling around on the rocks and I didn't know if anybody could help identify it or is it simply just a beetle that flew onto the rock when I was transporting it

IMG_20240806_202707.jpg IMG20240806202247.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks an awful lot like a stink bug to me… never seen anything like that in a reef tank before. I have seen stink bugs in my basement though, and they seem attracted to my sump down there.
Thanks! Lol
Well there in saltwater now so die!

OP
OP
H

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks an awful lot like a stink bug to me… never seen anything like that in a reef tank before. I have seen stink bugs in my basement though, and they seem attracted to my sump down there.
It's in the water what got me

OP
OP
H

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe not then. Sorry I’m not much help, but I’ve definitely never seen anything like that before. And I’ve been doing this for almost 10 years so I’ve seen some weird hitchhikers…
Same here exactly the same here been in the hobby for 10 years now and that's why I'm asking in shock bc nothing will surprise me in this hobby.

OP
OP
H

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, if that thing only has 6 legs, then I'd say it's terrestrial, not marine. I agree that it looks like a stink beetle. Any sign of it since you posted about it?
Nope that was the only time I saw it and mine I just put the rocks in the tank maybe 5 mins before I looked. And I also turned the rock and smooches it on the glass out of nasty what the heck. So yeah nope never saw it again or another one

Back