OP
OP
chemchris

chemchris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful set up. Love the rock work. My PH swings over night down to 7.76 but doesn’t seem to cause any issues with anything.

We’ve just bought a holiday home in Cape Coral Sw Florida (we are based in uk) so looking forward to having some of the heat issues you have as opposed to ‘rain issues’
Welcome future neighbor, you'll be ~150 miles directly west of me. I used to live in the UK myself- Haverfordwest in Wales and a couple years in Newquay. You chose a great place for a summer home but I'm very jealous of your travel options back in the UK. So nice having so many travel options for so cheap.

OP
OP
chemchris

chemchris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure you can manage that. I have acros growing at the very top fairly well but I run 100% on AB plus setting after I checked them with a par meter. 350 on top 250 in the middle and 125 on the bottom.
Those are solid numbers for what I'm looking to grow. I should probably invest in a par meter at some point. Which one do you own?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are solid numbers for what I'm looking to grow. I should probably invest in a par meter at some point. Which one do you own?
My LFS had a nice new one to rent. I was shocked how low my par was and I was going of internet par maps for the XR15 lights to set up. I ended up going from 70% to 100% intensity. You can try the free photone app on your phone to get a ballpark number on your water surface.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back