CIPS: What is your Coral Induction Protocol Score?

Do you take great care when adding new coral to your aquarium? What is your CIPS? See thread!

• Yes very careful

Votes: 83 22.6%
  • Somewhat careful

Votes: 196 53.3%
  • Not too careful

Votes: 69 18.8%
  • Not careful at all

Votes: 20 5.4%

• Total voters

Fishtitious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Recently bought several frag packs from different reputable vendors to stock new 180 build. Did all the protocol except the QT, my feeble reasoning being that with dry rock start-up my DT was my QT since no other livestock was introduced prior to corals and won't be for a while.

Dipping is no guarantee against bad hitchhiker introduction. I discovered several pests during dipping and close hand-lense exams. But several days later, I've since found one hydroid, one montipora-eating nudibranch, two vermetids, and a couple of bubble algae on different frags. I'm still doing daily magnifying glass inspections weeks later, fingers crossed. Vigilance is the price of (pest) freedom.

kimbericson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored either 60 or 90. I do acclimate to temp. I don't acclimate to water parameters. I dip and inspect, I cut off the frag plugs and replace, and I place low in tank to acclimate to light. That is 60. Sometimes, I quarantine if something looks suspicious (which is why sometimes 90). I feel you can never be too safe with these guys, rather not bring in a bunch of pests.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 90 41.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 107 49.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back