Cleaning Live rock

leighton.bingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I decided to take all my LR out of my tank and scrub it would it hurt anything? The reason I ask is because id like to re-scape my rock and I need to do like a 20 gallon WC also.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be better if you scrubbed it in a bucket with saltwater, rather than open air. But even in open air is fine for a few minutes, I've taken rocks out and put them on the ground on a towel for a few minutes. But in a bucket you have no time limit. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I decided to take all my LR out of my tank and scrub it would it hurt anything? The reason I ask is because id like to re-scape my rock and I need to do like a 20 gallon WC also.
Scrub them in the discard tank water bucket, bin, tub, pale or whatever it is u use. Once scrubbed add back to the DT. Rinse wash repeat.

OP
OP
leighton.bingham

leighton.bingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be better if you scrubbed it in a bucket with saltwater, rather than open air. But even in open air is fine for a few minutes, I've taken rocks out and put them on the ground on a towel for a few minutes. But in a bucket you have no time limit. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.
You understood very correctly.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll definitely disturb what life is growing on it now and what grows back might not be the same. I can’t say this is good or bad though. I have not come across any posts of this resulting in a problem.

OP
OP
leighton.bingham

leighton.bingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll definitely disturb what life is growing on it now and what grows back might not be the same. I can’t say this is good or bad though. I have not come across any posts of this resulting in a problem.
Thank you! I’ll make sure to scrub it in the disgared water.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU PREFER BIGGER TANKS OR SMALLER TANKS? WHY?

• The bigger the tank, the better it is!

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • The smaller the tank, the sweeter it is!

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 8.1%
Back