clown fish totally gone, bones and all, overnight

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too much fish for a 20G. Hopefully you figure out what happened to the clown.

OP
OP
G

ghill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worms,snails,starfish are the big cuc in my 13.5g. I put about 3oz of thawed salmon with the skin on for my starfish to find last night and it's gone but I think the worms do 95% of the work. No bones but that wouldn't be a big deal on a small fish.
Have never seen a worm… day or night. How do you observe them
Worms,snails,starfish are the big cuc in my 13.5g. I put about 3oz of thawed salmon with the skin on for my starfish to find last night and it's gone but I think the worms do 95% of the work. No bones but that wouldn't be a big deal on a small fish.
never observed a worm day day or night. How/when did you see yours?

anemonalex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up. Do you try to eliminate them?
No. They can create nightmares but my starfish will touch them and not really be bothered. They can get stuck in your skin. I had a pretty large one I was taking sand and putting it back in the aquarium after some remodeling. It dosent really hurt unless you agitate it. Kind of feels like a fiberglass splinter but lots of tiny ones. I pulled then out with tweasers it was a big surprise lol. But long story finished the knuckle was sore and inflamed felt like I jammed the tick out of it the next morning wear gloves if you go digging in dirty sand.

OP
OP
G

ghill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. They can create nightmares but my starfish will touch them and not really be bothered. They can get stuck in your skin. I had a pretty large one I was taking sand and putting it back in the aquarium after some remodeling. It dosent really hurt unless you agitate it. Kind of feels like a fiberglass splinter but lots of tiny ones. I pulled then out with tweasers it was a big surprise lol. But long story finished the knuckle was sore and inflamed felt like I jammed the tick out of it the next morning wear gloves if you go digging in dirty sand.
Are thy beneficial?

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ye
Are thy beneficial?
I find them great if you feed a lot.

They seem to be a good thing in most cases. They are annoying as they like to get into my filter socks and I occasionally touch them. Usually it goes noticed, sometimes it feels like a bad bee sting for a few seconds. I hand wash my socks under hot water so it helps make the venom break down.

Your engineer gobies will need a bigger tank before too long, I have to feed mine fairly large krill by hand and the bristleworms and nesarius snails are what save my tank from rotten uneaten shrimp chunks.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be easier to figure out what happened to Hoffa and at this point I’d be content knowing my toxic levels in check.

Have lost two fish never to be seen again and just assumed either they jumped out and over time decomposed or CUC made short work of them.

Back