Clownfish laying on side then swimming.

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 of my clowns is laying on her side..then will swim in circles..then lay down and breathimg fast. The male in the tank is fine. What do you think this may be? I don't believe ich or brook. I don't know what flukes look like. I have all different treatments just not sure where to start. She seems like she wants to fight this and win. I want to help her.

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see any parasites?
Will she eat?
I tried to feed her and she shows no interest. She has been staying in the corner of the tank this week not seeming too interested in food. But would still eat. Just not like a normal clown eats though..would just eat very politely. Only way I can explain it. She used to come to the front of the tank every time when I walked I'm the room.

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me this appears to be 0

Attachments

• 20241016_183456.jpg
    20241016_183456.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 2

SlyPuffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the flow in the tank? Does she sleep at the bottom of the tank? sometimes if the water is stagnant you can get a mulm of bacteria at the bottom and when the fish sleep down there it makes them susceptible to infection, especially if there are injuries like torn fins

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the flow in the tank? Does she sleep at the bottom of the tank? sometimes if the water is stagnant you can get a mulm of bacteria at the bottom and when the fish sleep down there it makes them susceptible to infection, especially if there are injuries like torn fins
The flow wasn't that great. I had a sponge filter that I slacked on cleaning. I believe lack of proper air exchange into the tank may have been the culprit. I cleaned the old sponge filter and added my other one from my other tank in and she is swimming around.

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also took the rock out. There should be 3 years + worth of biodiverse bacteria built up in both sponges in the tank now. Did a 5 gallon water change with my main tank water. Mixing up 10 gallons of fresh saltwater. Will do another 5 gallon wc tomorrow with it. Will access the situation of the fish tomorrow and see if it is still acting somewhat normal. If so wecare good. If not I may look into options for treating it. Hoping I don't have to put it through more stress and treat it with anything. I'm thinking I won't need to though.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back