Confirmation before treatment of Algae

Majkman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and ty for reading ... I hope you realize I don't know everything I need in 9 months and my baby ( the coral tank ) is need of care .
I have found a nuisance algae and before I treat it I would just like to confirm this is green hair algae ( even though it looks brown in my tank)
It is multiplying and I want to treat it but wish to confirm I have the right species type to attack .
The blue is another clump in tank
The other is a rock I took out with it (in a cream colored
bowl

Thank you in advance for your time
20240907_123646.jpg
20240907_123408.jpg

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i
Hello and ty for reading ... I hope you realize I don't know everything I need in 9 months and my baby ( the coral tank ) is need of care .
I have found a nuisance algae and before I treat it I would just like to confirm this is green hair algae ( even though it looks brown in my tank)
It is multiplying and I want to treat it but wish to confirm I have the right species type to attack .
The blue is another clump in tank
The other is a rock I took out with it (in a cream colored
bowl

Thank you in advance for your time
t appears to be green hair algae and sometimes its brown with different strings of hair algae.

OP
OP
M

Majkman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Common new tank GHA. Just get your hands wet daily and a nice diverse cleaner crew. Make sure you are not running to much white light.
I do have a small cleanup crew, I am thinking that my white light setting is a bit too long
Thank you

Back