OP
cowfootball

cowfootball

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back from Hawaii to a healthy tank. Ugly phase is well and truly in process but fish and coral are healthy. YWG is nice and chunky. He happily pops up to the top of the tank to grab the mysis shrimp that's rehydrated from the Avast Reef Jerky.

I put some TDO Chroma Boost in the second feeder before I left just to make sure everyone was healthy and happy but it just ended up deposited in random dead spots around the tank. Annoying for parameters, which were still fine (0 ammonia, 5.1 nitrates), but helpful for identifying dead spots. I had the flow turned down to make sure the YWG could eat so I'm going to start progressively turning it back up.

The Kraken Reef lid came today and boy, it’s a work of art. Extremely good quality. They custom cut holes for my plank auto feeders and the fit is perfect. I’m really pleased how this came out.

IMG_4869.jpeg IMG_4868.jpeg

OP
OP
cowfootball

cowfootball

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pod population has gone insane. All of the white specs in this first shot are pods — when the lights are out you can see them scurrying around. Similar situation in my sump.

YWG hasn’t been coming up as often for food but I suspect he’s having a pod snack here and there.

First part of the ugly phase has completely cleared up, probably as a result of the pods and just general age and maturity of the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_4899.jpeg
    IMG_4899.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4901.jpeg
    IMG_4901.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 3

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 92 42.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 108 49.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.2%
Back