David G's Marine Zoo (Waterbox Infinia 190.5)

mizukage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, main drain is left and E drain right. This was only to get the main drain on the same side as the sump intake. Otherwise the lines would need to cross each other. They are the same diameter so interchangeable.

The emergency drain goes into the middle sump chamber where my skimmer is.

Correct that narrow chamber area in the rear of the sump is now dry wasted space.

After a year, I’m still very happy with the mods. WB is a little odd in how they set it up, but with a couple mods it runs silent and trouble free.

In can post pics or help more as needed. Just let me know.
You're top, mate.:) Giving this inexperienced reefer some hope and inspiration!

E drain into skimmer chamber makes more sense! Where do you put your heaters?

If it's not too much trouble, Would you be able to take a picture of the top of your overflow so I can see what the view of the piping in there looks like? Some internal shots of the sump would also be helpful.

Thanks so much!

OP
OP
D

David3147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You're top, mate.:) Giving this inexperienced reefer some hope and inspiration!

E drain into skimmer chamber makes more sense! Where do you put your heaters?

If it's not too much trouble, Would you be able to take a picture of the top of your overflow so I can see what the view of the piping in there looks like? Some internal shots of the sump would also be helpful.

Thanks so much!

Here are a couple of those images; though, I think the build thread itself is more telling. You can see, within the overflow, I raised the emergency drain slightly and used a couple 45 degree connectors to set it further back in the overflow --this prevented water surface turbulence from crashing down the E pipe . I also lowered the main drain so it wouldn't suck air.

The emergency drain is also angled so it drops water directly into the skimmer chamber rather than, what is now, the dry skinny rear chamber of the sump.

IMG_3849.jpeg IMG_3848.jpeg IMG_3847.jpeg

Last edited:

mizukage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, main drain is left and E drain right. This was only to get the main drain on the same side as the sump intake. Otherwise the lines would need to cross each other. They are the same diameter so interchangeable.

The emergency drain goes into the middle sump chamber where my skimmer is.

Correct that narrow chamber area in the rear of the sump is now dry wasted space.

After a year, I’m still very happy with the mods. WB is a little odd in how they set it up, but with a couple mods it runs silent and trouble free.

In can post pics or help more as needed. Just let me know.
Thank you for taking the time to share those pictures. They were helpful and have given me enough confidence to try moving the plumbing around to install the reefmat.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • My coral

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back