Did Finding Nemo inspire innovation?

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps I’m just being random. Or perhaps it’s because I didn’t get into the hobby until shortly after Finding Nemo came out. But the earliest of controllers I can think of is the Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper. Researching it appears Digital Aquatics wasn’t registered until August 2004. Even though their out of business and likely unable to answer, it makes me wonder if the AquaScum 2003 from Finding Nemo inspired the original ReefKeeper system?

Just a random thought for the day.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I agree......I don't think the movie inspired anything other than maybe get a younger generation interested in the hobby? Technology was moving forward regardless of the movie.

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not like that. It did spur innovation for clownfish breeding and marine fish breeding in general though I believe. Breeding clownfish at scale really shows that breeding marine fish is possible and profitable if there’s enough money to be made to drive the innovation.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My parents had most of the same fish from Finding Nemo when they had their tank. If anything, it influenced a lot of people to get those same fish from the movie.

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps I’m just being random. Or perhaps it’s because I didn’t get into the hobby until shortly after Finding Nemo came out. But the earliest of controllers I can think of is the Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper. Researching it appears Digital Aquatics wasn’t registered until August 2004. Even though their out of business and likely unable to answer, it makes me wonder if the AquaScum 2003 from Finding Nemo inspired the original ReefKeeper system?

Just a random thought for the day.
I'm not sure about innovation, but it definitely brought attention to the hobby. Fun fact of the day: Finding Nemo inspired @revhtree to get into the hobby, eventually resulting in Reef2Reef.

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back