Did I mess up the stand?

LayT27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of finishing up my 210gal build. The tank measures 72x24x28 and that's the measurements I gave the person building the stand. Stand came out as measured but what I didn't account for was the trim. I had the tank resealed and with the amount of silicone and the trim, the trim adds around a 1/4 all around so the tank is now bigger than the stand. Will this be ok or should I look to add 3/4 plywood under the tank to the tanks measurements? I had originally planned to have the tank right on the frame due to the bottom drains.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of finishing up my 210gal build. The tank measures 72x24x28 and that's the measurements I gave the person building the stand. Stand came out as measured but what I didn't account for was the trim. I had the tank resealed and with the amount of silicone and the trim, the trim adds around a 1/4 all around so the tank is now bigger than the stand. Will this be ok or should I look to add 3/4 plywood under the tank to the tanks measurements? I had originally planned to have the tank right on the frame due to the bottom drains.
I would definitely add something to extend just a bit ( maybe 1/2" ) beyond the tank size. It can be nicely trimmed so it looks good, but personally, I would not be comfortable with what you currently have.

OP
OP
L

LayT27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think just 1/2inch plywood would be fine?

Back