Fix Waterbox Stand

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Picked up a Waterbox 35.2 (6 months old, used) to get back into the hobby on Friday. Getting parts collected and once my rock arrives and builds a scape I’ll be ready to start cycling the tank.

When setting up the tank/stand, I noticed the front crossmember on the 35.2 stand was loose. I’ve attached a photo. Does anyone know where to get new slot bolts/nuts for these stands? Locally? I really don’t want to deal with waiting for Waterbox to maybe send me new parts. TIA!

IMG_1593.jpeg

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was unable to source them when I was looking. On my WB stand they are smaller than typical t slot bolts readily available. I ended up grinding some standard ones down so they fit the slots.
Your nuts and bolts appear to be intact. Have you tried tightening them or removing and make sure they are inserted into the slot correctly. They should only need to be replaced if they are missing or have damaged threads.

OP
OP
dbjonesjr

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was unable to source them when I was looking. On my WB stand they are smaller than typical t slot bolts readily available. I ended up grinding some standard ones down so they fit the slots.
Your nuts and bolts appear to be intact. Have you tried tightening them or removing and make sure they are inserted into the slot correctly. They should only need to be replaced if they are missing or have damaged threads.
I’ve tried to tighten and they are acting like they’re stripped although it honestly does not look like it at all. You just took a grinder to some off the shelf bolts from Lowe’s to fit the slot? Looks like I have a project this afternoon haha.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried to tighten and they are acting like they’re stripped although it honestly does not look like it at all. You just took a grinder to some off the shelf bolts from Lowe’s to fit the slot? Looks like I have a project this afternoon haha.
I got mine off of Amazon mostly because I'm not close to any stores. Can you see what is spinning, the nut oe the bolt. If the nut is spinning and not he bolt it's stripped threads. If the nut is stripped you could probably just replace that. If the bolt threads are stripped you should be able to stack some washers and catch some good threads on the end or double nut it. The threads are m 6x1.0 which is pretty common.

EDIT : maybe pull one of the ones that won't tighten out so you can see to inspect the threads?

OP
OP
dbjonesjr

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine off of Amazon mostly because I'm not close to any stores. Can you see what is spinning, the nut oe the bolt. If the nut is spinning and not he bolt it's stripped threads. If the nut is stripped you could probably just replace that. If the bolt threads are stripped you should be able to stack some washers and catch some good threads on the end or double nut it. The threads are m 6x1.0 which is pretty common.

EDIT : maybe pull one of the ones that won't tighten out so you can see to inspect the threads?
Ended up being bad threads, not sure how I didn’t see them the first time. Put a couple washers to catch some good threads and all set up now!

Back