Different BTA growth rates?

Troy V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So several months ago I added a speckled purple tip to my tank with the hope it would do as well as the RBTAs. But for some reason it hasn't grown at all since I introduced it, nor has it moved an inch. It seems to be quite healthy, just not growing. Is this common for this type of anemone? Ideas?
Thank you
20181006_174808.jpg

20181006_173559.jpg

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly can't recall seeing any pictures of massive green BTAs, where-as massive red BTA appear to be relatively common.

No idea if there is a genetic difference or a difference in sugar production based on the type of Zoos inside...etc.

So to directly answer your question, no not uncommon.

OP
OP
Troy V

Troy V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
After looking at a bunch of pics last night that does seem to be the case. I was only able to find a few pics of larger green BTAs, and they seem to be in very low light environments with seemingly drab coloration.

RyanReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Green BTAs in the tank and they seem to split rather than get larger. They hit a size, around 4 to 5in across open, then split. I have 7 or 8 now that look like one big one when all opened up fully. Just my experience I started with the one small one about 2 years ago.

Back