Do You Have a Reefing YouTube Channel?

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Matt!
Its not like there is actually a lot on it but sure:

Not sure where its going but i for sure like sharing the beauty of this hobby and eventually evolve into something bigger.
But first: I need to learn the basic skills required to shoot, edit and put nice sound to the videos / pictures i create.
My end goal would be to give something back to the community.
Without the great people out there, for example you guys in this forum or the brs guys among other people out there:

I would have never been able to start reefing with the great success i had!!!

Its all about sharing the knowledge obtained and pieces together and maybe one day i will be able to help other people with it :)

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a de facto “reefing” channel mainly cause all my videos are of my reef due to R2R not posting videos properly for me(Apple ecosystem lol)

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Matt!
Its not like there is actually a lot on it but sure:

Not sure where its going but i for sure like sharing the beauty of this hobby and eventually evolve into something bigger.
But first: I need to learn the basic skills required to shoot, edit and put nice sound to the videos / pictures i create.
My end goal would be to give something back to the community.
Without the great people out there, for example you guys in this forum or the brs guys among other people out there:

I would have never been able to start reefing with the great success i had!!!

Its all about sharing the knowledge obtained and pieces together and maybe one day i will be able to help other people with it :)
I’ve learned that shooting the video is the easiest part. The editing is where the art comes in. I use an orange lens filter, and post edit all my videos to correct for lighting, color, and sharpness. I suggest sticking to what you like rather than trying to pander to trends, etc. It is a lot of work, but it can be an extension of your reefing hobby if you have the time and motivation. It also gives you a time capsule to review later as well. Good luck, and thanks for sharing!

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Same here, orange lense filter from orphek. GREAT utility.
I recently started to use davinci resolve to edit my videos since i wasnt to happy with what inshot could do.
I`m working in it, so there is some basic understanding but... far from being good with it.
And well, i am not exactly the "media" guy.
I for sure love photography though, but instagram seems like a bad platform because of the size limitations and everything around it:
and yes, being father of two childs and working fulltime + the duties that come along with our reefs is time consuming. leaves little for projects like this.
Lets see where this journey takes me :)

Last edited:
Back