Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters

Joe.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not kraken but it is polycarbonate

I paid full price for a kraken lid on my 15g nano and yea it’s good but my 75g needs a much bigger lid and I wanted it mostly solid

I got it from a lid company and then got them to join the forum

@WalterLidz

Contact them through the website and they will custom make to almost any measurement and will customize however you want

I picked the number of rows of holes, where they would be, the design around the outer rim, how big I wanted the door to be, where I wanted the small gap for the door/hinge to not interfere with my lights frame mount, added the feeding holes and caps.

90$ Total for the 75g
Wow! That’s a good price - I paid more than double that a couple of years ago for my 75 g.

If I did custom again, I’d get it in 2 pieces. It’s more rigid that way and I could leave half on while cleaning to minimize any jumping out of the tank.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not kraken but it is polycarbonate

I paid full price for a kraken lid on my 15g nano and yea it’s good but my 75g needs a much bigger lid and I wanted it mostly solid

I got it from a lid company and then got them to join the forum

@WalterLidz

Contact them through the website and they will custom make to almost any measurement and will customize however you want

I picked the number of rows of holes, where they would be, the design around the outer rim, how big I wanted the door to be, where I wanted the small gap for the door/hinge to not interfere with my lights frame mount, added the feeding holes and caps.

90$ Total for the 75g
Nice looking stuff! Do you have any problems with condensation on the underside?

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice looking stuff! Do you have any problems with condensation on the underside?
I wouldn’t call it a problem. It’s more like a self cleaning system. There is almost always condensation on the bottom. It builds up. It drips back into the tank. It builds up again. Every drip accumulated is one drop of water saved, and condensation that’s not making its way to my lighting fixture. My temperature remains more stable, as does my salinity and water level

This constant cycle prevents any salt creep on the underside. Salt creep on the top, is from me dripping and not wiping it up. Super easy to clean, I just carry it to my kitchen sink and use the faucet sprayer attachment.

Impact on par is completely minimal. I run my leds at 35-40% and hit 100 on the sandbed and 275-300 at the highest points of my rockwork and shelves

I believe I did test both with condensation and without, and the difference was around 20 par

I get gas exchange from a small number of air holes I had added to the rear, surface agitation, and water flowing through my overflow and weirs in my sump. My cabinet does not have a rear panel/wall

I have a skimmer also but I don’t use it. It’s there in case I need to remove a medication or if I have a situation they briefly calls for it.

JohnCol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm struggling a bit with a lid for the tank. Tank is a standard 75gal and I have glass lids for it, problem is I have a hard time keeping the temp down in the summer. I wired a fan up and connected it to my apex which helps but the thing that really does it is to just take the lids off.
I would like to change but I'm having a hard time deciding what to change to. I do have coral so shadowing is a concern.
What do you use, why, and how well does it work?
I use the red sea aquarium screen. Cut to fit and place in mesh pretty splendid to put together. Only tool needed is a miter saw or something similar to cut the aluminum. It cuts just like wood.

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 57 25.6%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 97 43.5%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 56 25.1%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 13 5.8%
Back