Dr. Reef's Quarantined Chromis?

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also like to point out, Its not that we are not confident about our protocol, its internal uronema that is near impossible to detect. Fish can be heathly for months in our tanks and then once you ship it and stress of shipping and acclimation happens, uronema shows up. This is why we recommend observation for 7-10 days.
Anthias on the other hand now we have an excellent source and we are 99.9% sure no uronema. Chromis if they are African again 99% sure if other region 50/50

jmcdona6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not say its present in *MOST* tanks but it is in a lot. That said you can rid your tank of Urenoma. There are a number of treatments now that can do it even in reef tanks. I have had success in treating both Chromis Athinas with active Urenoma that had developed the ulcers.

Could you share? I'm aware of reef safe ways to help affected fish overcome but I'm not aware of any reef safe method that eliminates it from the tank. Not doubting, interested.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm *considering* getting a group of blue/green chromis for my tank. I understand there's a higher-than-average risk for uronema with them. Does anybody have personal experience with Dr. Reef's quarantined chromis? There's a disclaimer that despite their quarantine process, "sometimes" they show signs of uronema from shipping stress. I understand the process isn't 100% effective, but I'm curious how common it is with his quarantined chromis vs other sources. Are there any other reputable sources of quarantined chromis? Or even captive bred (I don't think I've heard of this yet)?

If it comes down to "rolling the dice" with LFS I'll just pass :)

*edit*

I'm asking about experiences with Dr. Reef's chromis specifically. I already know he has a really good reputation in general.

PM me your info, I will ship you some chromis for free. They will be African and will be Large. if that fits your needs.
Then you can write a review here how it went. (good or bad)

Genvid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought nine chromis from Dr. Reef, seven arrived alive, I needed seven. They became fat in two years, they don't fight, they walk like rockets around the aquarium, all my fish are from Dr. Reef.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought nine chromis from Dr. Reef, seven arrived alive, I needed seven. They became fat in two years, they don't fight, they walk like rockets around the aquarium, all my fish are from Dr. Reef.
how long ago was that and were they 2-3"

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad they worked out for you, although I am quite sure they were not the source we have now as that source is only 5-7 months old.

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM me your info, I will ship you some chromis for free. They will be African and will be Large. if that fits your needs.
Then you can write a review here how it went. (good or bad)
Christmas in October! Think I'm gonna start a dr reef copperband thread and see what happens? :zany-face:

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad they worked out for you, although I am quite sure they were not the source we have now as that source is only 5-7 months old.
Is this the same source for your purple queens? Have you had the same luck with them from Africa?

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the same source for your purple queens? Have you had the same luck with them from Africa?
We sell just a handful of queens due to their high demand feed quite often needs but any fosh coming out of Africa we have seen much better results

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christmas in October! Think I'm gonna start a dr reef copperband thread and see what happens? :zany-face:
We have a very good source from Philippines and we do not buy from any other place anymore.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back