Dry Goods FS in Montgomery/Prattville

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a friend that is moving to LA (Lower Alabama;)) soon and has some dry goods for sale. Since he's in flux, he's not got good access to the forum. If it's a violation for me to post this for him, let me know. I can be the contact for inquiries. However, I'm studying for the PE exam (self inflicted torture for the next few months as I reteach myself the many aspects of engineering school), the best way to reach me is via email or phone if you have my number. I'll do my best to check the forum, but with 2-3 hours of studying planned each night and more on the weekends until I take the test, I'm not sure how often I'll be online.

He has an Apex controller with EB8, pH probe, temp probe, main unit and display NIB he's willing to sell for $450.

Also has (3) Vortech MP40's NIB he's asking $500 each for. He said if you buy two, he'll throw in a battery back up also NIB.

He's got a All Glass sump, Model 2, I believe, he said he'd take $150 for.

One of the horizontal RO systems (not sure of brand) for $50. This is used.

And finally a used Pacific Coast Imports chiller CL280 he is asking $150 for. This one was mine at one point, but it's been several years since I traded it for some frags. It was used on a 90 with 400W MH, then sold or traded to someone with a 125 with VHO's. He never used it, though. He got it with the aforementioned 125 when he bought it from a local reefer.

He's selling the 125, also. Talked to him last night and he said he'd like to get $400 for the tank, stand, canopy and equipment (two ocean runner returns, ASM G3 skimmer, JBJ top off, carbon/media reactor, several Aqueon (sp) power heads, some koralia powerheads, two Icecap 660 ballasts running (4) 6' VHO's, and the 55 gallon sump. He's got to sell the livestock before he can break it down. It is RR (AGA corner overflows), but the front pane has a good many scratches.

He has a 72 bowfront, but may decide to keep it to set up one he gets moved. He could likely be talked out of it, though, if someone is interested (also a running reef set up).

Back to the books...

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was pointed out to me that Vortecs are only $465 new, so I'm waiting on a response from the guy that has them. He said he bought (2) MP40's and a battery back up for $1100 at Marine Depot, so I assume he thought they were $500 each and the battery was $100. I'd expect his price to match the $465 they are priced at online. I've not priced them because I knew they were out of my price range (should have verified online pricing prior to posting...). I'll verify with him and post back.

Decalf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I live in Millbrook and would love to talk to him about the skimmer and maybe some livestock and ballasts. Send me a PM so we can wheel and deal :)

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay the vortec issue straightened out. He said he'd take $450 for each vortec and that if you bought two, he'd take $130 for the battery back up. He didn't look at the individual vortec price, just the group price from Marine Depot and thought the backup was $100...

Updates-
Apex is pending
Tank and equipment is pending

Decalf,

The tank and equipment is pending. He's wanting to try to sell it all together to get it all out. He does have a skimmer on the 72, but I'm not sure which brand it is. Shot me an email at gflat65 at att dot net and I'll get you in touch. He does have some livestock he needs to get rid of before he can sell the tank.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 95 41.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 114 50.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.1%
Back