• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ecotech Marine Repair Service Scam

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone,

I would like to see if anyone else is experiencing this type of stuff from Ecotech. I sent my Gen 5 XR30 in for repair since it would shut off if certain colors were on. Only the whites would work . They said the repair would be 350 . I said never mind I would just use it for other purposes . I got it back today and they turn my lights into a brick . It won’t even power on anymore . They disable my light with out even warning me that would happen. I honestly would have bit the bullet and paid the 350 to get it fix if I knew they would disable my lights. I rather a light that works instead of a basically more broken light. Why are they doing things like this to punish users for not giving in to repairs ? At least warn customers that it will be disabled?

1721254107955.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Quoc Vu

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am going to call them tomorrow. Only just got it today and was very disappointed. Will report my findings tomorrow after talking to them . I always consider them top tier and have their products. They have always been great in the past. If this isn’t resolved I will be done with this company forever. It’s just wrong to not warn people that they will disable a device if we reject repairs.

OP
OP
Quoc Vu

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is like someone brings a car in for repairs and they say your brakes are bad so they disable your whole engine. It’s the same thing.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s horrible and ridiculous! I posted a lot about my experience when my Nero 5 stuck on a solid red and they wanted $150 to repair. Please be noted that a new one is as $199.99 before the inflation. I lost about $20 shipping and their trust and royalties.

OP
OP
Quoc Vu

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd imagine disabling it on their end protects them from any liability.

Have you pulled some screws to see if it just needs the power connector plugged back into the header?
I get the liability reason but I should have been informed instead of just mailing it back to me completely dead. I assumed it will be return in the same condition. No I have not taken it apart to inspect anything . I will be calling them tomorrow.

OP
OP
Quoc Vu

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow that’s horrible and ridiculous! I posted a lot about my experience when my Nero 5 stuck on a solid red and they wanted $150 to repair. Please be noted that a new one is as $199.99 before the inflation. I lost about $20 shipping and their trust and royalties.
That is crazy because I had same exact problem with my Nero 5 and only had to pay 75 bucks about 1.5 year ago for refurb one that works like new . Not sure why Ecotech customer service turn to poo in such a short time. Hopefully I get some answer . I have a feeling I got screwed . Fingers crossed.

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next thing you know - they'll say we'll give you X amt towards a G6...thats what they did when I sent my G4 in...they must be desperate to unload the G6's ...THEY SUCK IMO...I took their deal and sold the G6 as soon as i got it... Then used the cash to buy 2 used G4's off ebay.. ECO TECH should re make the G4 ...and call it radion G4 "classic" best gen ,mimics sunlight with all channels @ 100 pct ,,very appealing to the eye ..NOT THE STUPID blue windex look ...I wont buy another radion until they make something with a spectrum like the G4's had ....

OP
OP
Quoc Vu

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I talk to Ecotech today . Wasn't offered any friendly solutions. Basically said they disconnected my power from the driver so if I want to use it I have to take it apart and reconnect it . Kind of a hassle but at least I can get it back to original kind of working condition. I wasn’t offered any discount on any repairs. They didn’t care . On a side note I replaced the LED board from another unit I was using for parts and the lights works 100% normal now . So anyone sending in for repairs be warned that they will make your unit disabled if they find water damage and you don’t want to fix it . You will not get a warning. Ecotech should be better than this.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS IT POSSIBLE TO "MASTER" REEFING? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • No.

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 11 6.3%
Back