Ecotech radion g5 knock off found!

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They made it look just like Radion G5 so that others would buy it thinking they are getting a good deal on a knock off. And may be it is a good deal. I don't know. But from the pictures and the specs so far, as I mentioned already on page 1 of this thread, these lights are not in anyway copies of radions and should not be treated as such. You pay less, you get less in this case.

P.S.: Someone should send me one of these for repair when it breaks for you :) . I'll do a repair video and do a detailed technical compare between this light and a radion G5.
If and when mine does I will be willing to send it to you to look at it. But for now its running strong with no complaints about it as of yet.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
This ripping off of products by the CCP is not funny nor should we do business with the likes of Alibaba and the other 40 thieves of the CCP. The theft of intellectual property is codified into Chinese law and business practices. You wonder why Red Sea has seam failures just look at their attempt to rip off German made Silicone for a possible answer. You are required to reveal the end use and specifications for components manufactured in China by the 40 thieves. This is why we have a chip shortage and why everything from jets to lights look like something designed and built in other countries. China is not a reliable business partner period and that is why I am not selling products made in China. About 10 years ago I was researching rimless tanks for import to the USA and as a result it was a no go period.

I recently was asked to install a complete kitchen and laundry room quartz counter from China. It was only $1200.00 U.S. Nothing fit the application and lots of modifications would be required to make it work. The cost of materials sold in the U.S. would cost over $5000 but at least it would look great and function like it should. I don’t feel sorry for the customer since he orders full house remodels from China and flips the homes at a big mark up with very sub-standard products made to look good but are much lower quality. His counter humped up a 1/4" at the center of the seams and the parts coming off the assembly line were off 1/2" at seam width. I would have scrapped the job and started over as not one in my customer list would accept such shoddy workmanship.

You get what you pay for period. If you want sub-standard keep on buying Chinese made products and start a thread to complain about it. Mike drop.
[/QUOTE
Than the name brand companies shouldn't do business in China. It's well documented this happens. To think that the ceos of these companies don't know that is crazy. They want the cheaper labor and taxes.

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't read through all 26 pages of this thread -

How much does it cost to manufacture one of these lights. Especially after the R&D has already paid for itself years down the road.

How much is the mark-up??

Frankly, I'd buy one of these in hot second. If US companies don't want US citizens to buy overseas then quit over pricing the hell out them. I'm fed up with corporate greed. Say what you want, I don't have a money tree and I live on my goofy admin salary with zero other help. I can't afford dog food, I can't afford my power bill, don't get me started on the cost of cereal.

If you don't want to buy a knock-off from China then don't. But it might be the only thing others can afford. I can't so I'm trying to make my inadequate lights that were all I COULD afford (Current Orbit Marine on open box) work.

Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to let you guys know the fake radion. One echotech does not make them anymore since thay were bought out a Chinese company makes the lights for them. If you noticed Ai products that came like the pumps are Chinese made the only difference is that have there software running it. This is why radions are nothing like the g4. They don't have the rights to that patient. So they will never come close to g4 ever.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't read through all 26 pages of this thread -

How much does it cost to manufacture one of these lights. Especially after the R&D has already paid for itself years down the road.

How much is the mark-up??

Frankly, I'd buy one of these in hot second. If US companies don't want US citizens to buy overseas then quit over pricing the hell out them. I'm fed up with corporate greed. Say what you want, I don't have a money tree and I live on my goofy admin salary with zero other help. I can't afford dog food, I can't afford my power bill, don't get me started on the cost of cereal.

If you don't want to buy a knock-off from China then don't. But it might be the only thing others can afford. I can't so I'm trying to make my inadequate lights that were all I COULD afford (Current Orbit Marine on open box) work.

If you can’t afford cereal, dog food, and your power bill, then what are you doing in such an expensive hobby?

In the end, you’re supporting intellectual theft.

That’s a hard pass for me.

UKReefGeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to set up my new A8 pros but can't work out the app. When I try to change a light setting it just seems to donits own thing after I click save. Does anyone have a video tutorial of them setting up their lights on the app?

SanFernandoValleyAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will buy one just to see how well it works. If Jabeo makes one, I wouldn’t even think twice.
when someone "knocks off" an MP 60, 40, 10... then there might be something to talk about.
Jebao /Jecod have them in the works right now, might even be available already

SanFernandoValleyAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are digging yourself a deeper hole. Of course they are made cheaper in China. The expense to run a business there is exponentially less. Wages are lower, regulations regarding everything are more lax, the government aides and abets the price cutting, intellectual property theft, marketing and distribution as all companies are in one form or another an extension of their government machine. It is an unfair playing field.

You clearly have no grasp of what it costs to run a company HERE in this country, with our laws, regulations, wages, healthcare, and everything else under the sun, VS the Chinese factory that you contracted selling YOUR design for a few dollars of profit out the back door with NONE of your overhead, employees, etc.

You are conflating multi-national mega corporations with niche market manufacturing. The economies of scale are insanely different, as are the business motives, business dynamics and everything else. HP, Sony, Samsung, etc, can (and do) lose millions, tens or even hundreds of dollars on some models as loss leaders, just to stay competitive. They all also have billions of dollars of investment in multiple markets and economies from manufacturing, to real estate, to capital leasing... everything under the sun.

Have a nice day - I think this conversation has run its course.
BTW - I do agree that I don't find value in the Radions. I personally don't like the interface (Mobius) and think there are other fixtures that present a better spectrum.
What lights do you like?

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao /Jecod have them in the works right now, might even be available already

Do you have a link to a picture ? Or is it this one ?
Screenshot_20240913_112114_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back