Ehy is there so many bubbles forming everywhere?

namlessdude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I have noticed that there is a lot of bubbles forming in my tank. I am not sure why. I know part of it (bubbles on the sand and rock) is due to an algae outbreak i am currently fighting off. But, why are they forming on the filter and the wave maker? I only added the wavemaker in like 20 minutes ago.

20240920_184418.jpg

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have a lot of dissolved gas in your tank if you don’t have a lot of flow, and putting the wavemaker plastic in there was just a nucleation point for the gas to form bubbles. Good news is that adding the wavemaker and getting better surface aeration will help the issue by creating better air exchange with the water so you don’t trap all that gas and get bubble formation.

OP
OP
N

namlessdude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have a lot of dissolved gas in your tank if you don’t have a lot of flow, and putting the wavemaker plastic in there was just a nucleation point for the gas to form bubbles. Good news is that adding the wavemaker and getting better surface aeration will help the issue by creating better air exchange with the water so you don’t trap all that gas and get bubble formation.
I have an air pump running under the sand to increase the oxygen in the tank. Could that be causing it? Its been running for two weeks or so now.

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an air pump running under the sand to increase the oxygen in the tank. Could that be causing it? Its been running for two weeks or so now.
Possibly, but depending on how much algae you have it could just be the result of their photosynthesis and respiration. Either way, I think improved flow at the water surface will help. That’s your biggest air/water interface in the absence of a skimmer. A single bubbler doesn’t come close.

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED A TANK EMERGENCY? SHARE YOUR STORY IN THE COMMENTS!

• Unfortunately, yes.

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • Thankfully, no.

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • Other (pleas explain).

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back