ESV Calcium whoopsie

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple separate gallons of ESV calcium in my bin. One of them is partially full, about the same level that it comes shipped in before you add RODI. But I forgot if this particular bottle has already been mixed or not. How can I test it to see if it’s the concentrated before RODI added or if it’s a bottle I’ve already mixed and used some out of? Matter of just using a chem calculator with a sample of tank water after and checking results?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple separate gallons of ESV calcium in my bin. One of them is partially full, about the same level that it comes shipped in before you add RODI. But I forgot if this particular bottle has already been mixed or not. How can I test it to see if it’s the concentrated before RODI added or if it’s a bottle I’ve already mixed and used some out of? Matter of just using a chem calculator with a sample of tank water after and checking results?

If you had a conductivity probe that read high enough, it would be easy to compare it to a true diluted or undiluted sample.

But adding, say, 100 ppm to some volume if tank water and measuring the result can work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BAMatter

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really helping but may help going forward. I never remove the sticker untill it's diluted so I always know. I also use a sharpy to write the date I diluted it on the jug.
That’s a good idea

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 89 41.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 106 49.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back