Feeding BTA

LuisA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys feed your BTA's. I have silver sides that i would like to feed but how do you hold it there for the bta to grab it. I find that the silver side just flies away in the current. thanks for the help.

droberts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i feed mine brine and mystis shrimp. they may not eat if they are getting alot of light since they are photosynthetic

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I either use a turkey baster and put it in it's tentacles, or I just use my hand and hold the pieces there until it grabs it.

CHALICEKEEPER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I soak in water to get it the rite temp break in half depending on how big it is and wigggle it against the tentacles if it does not take it he is not hungry. My other anemone just touch the tip of his tentacle and he pulls it in that one is a piggy.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys feed your BTA's. I have silver sides that i would like to feed but how do you hold it there for the bta to grab it. I find that the silver side just flies away in the current. thanks for the help.

Can you turn the flow off while feeding it?

OP
OP
L

LuisA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kind of sucks where it sits down low on the front part of the tank. the access i have is from the back a bit of a pain in the ars. I could turn the flow off. do they sell some sort of long needle nose pliers?

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just use a turkey baster, turn off pumps and gently rain food on it. The food will Stick.. it should, if not it means your anemone is a little stressed, if thats the case look for mouth gaping, if thats the case then keep an eye on it and remove if it goes south.

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just feed it with turkey baster and then let it go for 6-8 weeks then cut in half and then more mouths to feed.

Thank goodness children are not like that.

heheheheh

elegant_reefer

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine every week or so with a whole silverside. I just have to brush it onto its tentacles and it'll hold on to it.

Steven Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kind of sucks where it sits down low on the front part of the tank. the access i have is from the back a bit of a pain in the ars. I could turn the flow off. do they sell some sort of long needle nose pliers?

I use these.

11447563148095573_Pflanzenzange2.jpg

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back