Feeding freshly hatched brine shrimp cysts to corals

Evil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone fed brine shrimp cysts to their corals? I also breed cichlids Flowerhorns, Discus and Texas cichlids. So I have all the equipment necessary to hatch fresh cysts. Thinking some live food would be beneficial. Currently feeding reef roids.

OP
OP
Evil1

Evil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:
Hatched a fresh batch of brine shrimp cysts and fed them to corals. Major polyp extension. They loved it! Fed no more then I would Reef Roids. Clowns and Damsels love it as well. Very simple and cheap. Cup full of tank water in hatchery half teaspoon of eggs some bubbles to slightly agitate water….24 to 48 hrs later sea monkeys lol.

Upvote 0

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before Covid I fed Frozen Baby Brine Shrimp to Corals and fish. I haven’t seen it in a long time though.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Evil1

Evil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live fresh food every now and again I’m sure will benefit the coral. Besides it cost about 2 cents to harvest. Great treat for all inhabitants in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying feeding live brine to my tank, I feel it will be a better food source than frozen due to the fact that un-eaten live shrimp do not turn into ammonia rotting in the tank like frozen food does, they would feed on any food source (algae) they could till some critter eats them. Due to their size they would most likely remain suspended in the water column also I am thinking, but if they did attach to rock, food for my mandarin!

Upvote 0

WHERE DO YOU PUT NEW CORALS? (TELL US WHICH WAY WORKS BEST FOR YOU IN THE COMMENTS!)

• I put them on a frag rack for a little while.

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • I put them on the sand bed until I figure out a better location.

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • They go straight to the rock.

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back