Tank bafoonery that makes you laugh

saltytanked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one also cracks me up. My horseshoe crab, Lady, cant get by one part of my rock structure. Takes her a minute to get around it. She does this all day long instead of going around. I mean its only a 300 gallon tank!!! Lol
That’s actually really sad. Horseshoes get about 2ft long and round and weigh about 10lbs. What are you gonna do with it when it can’t move?

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny but a bit annoying. Two of my urchins think they are Hercules.
PXL_20240817_162041049.jpg
PXL_20240817_161750721.jpg

The pectinia was too much
PXL_20240816_184551481.jpg
What kind of urchins are those? Longer spines then tuxedo.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most amusing thing I witnessed had to do with my mated pair of O. Clowns. They were in there little cave they staked out when the male decided it was time to get out for a little swim. The female said 'I don't think so!', grabbed him by the tail with her mouth and pulled him bodily back into the cave. He stayed right there.
So much for poker with the wrasses. Maybe next time.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought them as pin cushion urchins. They seem to be doing a much better job cleaning up the rocks than my tuxedo's did.
And seems like they even move furniture to make sure they clean under and around everything. Got to admire someone who takes pride in performing his duties well.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And seems like they even move furniture to make sure they clean under and around everything. Got to admire someone who takes pride in performing his duties well.
I had two tuxedos before. One died and the other one carried the deceased ones shell around for weeks. They are interesting creatures for sure.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My tilefish gets so excited for food when I approach the tank it starts to surface surf with its top inch completely out of the water.
Jello does this too, & he will splash

JayM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Midas Blenny zips in and out of his barnacle all day. If I happen to knock too much sand into it when doing maintenance, he’ll pull it out a mouthful at a time and dump it on my corals on the other side of the tank. Usually with a short pause in between trips to give me a “thanks a lot, jerk” look.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s actually really sad. Horseshoes get about 2ft long and round and weigh about 10lbs. What are you gonna do with it when it can’t move?
Its just the one spot, she can move around just fine every where else. When she gets too big for the tank I have a local aquarium Ill take her too, I talked to them in December before I got my 300 gallon cause the 125 was a little too small for her. But shes good in the 300 right now. She was actually a hitch hiker on some rock from another local reefer, I dont think he knew she was there since she was the size of a quarter. The second I saw her I did a bunch of research and it takes them years to get really big. The size shes at now is 2 and a half years of growth. She molts once a year. Dont worry I wont keep her in the tank when she cant move around! I care about my fish and want them to have room. The aquarium just wont take her until shes much larger than she is now because the tank they would but her in as a ton of very large rays and eels. Shes fine in the rest of the tank, that one spot I just put the rock too close to the glass but I cant move it back without the whole thing toppling over! Theres another picture of her in a different part of the tank, she fits just fine everywhere else! I appreciate the concern :)

Attachments

• IMG_6460.jpeg
    IMG_6460.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 38

TheClown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have stuff spontaneously happen in our tanks that makes us laugh like the unexpected fish nip that makes you jump or something funny that your inhabitants do.

For me, my indigo dotty back keeps his bottom caves sand spotless. He is always scooping dirty sand with his mouth and spitting it outside the cave. Whenever snails crawl in there he picks them up with his mouth and carries them outside and literally throws them a couple inches away.

Tonight a tuxedo urchin has crawled into the skeleton of a large hammer that hosts my clowns and the fish are just staring at him with this look on their faces like what the heck is going on here. Making me laugh.

So what always makes you laugh with your tank?

20240816_170334.jpg
Whenever I go in the vicinity of my tank my peppermint shrimp will run out of their cave to ask for food

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Midas Blenny zips in and out of his barnacle all day. If I happen to knock too much sand into it when doing maintenance, he’ll pull it out a mouthful at a time and dump it on my corals on the other side of the tank. Usually with a short pause in between trips to give me a “thanks a lot, jerk” look.
My midas does a lot of sand mouthful too

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My powder brown tang follows my magnet scraper back and forth whenever I clean the glass. It probably thinks it's a new fish and he needs to assert his dominance.
Lol my male maroon clown attacks it and hits it with everything he has in him! Fish are funny

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
either my urchins carrying snails / crabs or when i turn off the pump in my nano to feed and the barnacle blenny starts to wiggle since he knows whats up

Nordy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so funny how our little creatures recognized us and react to our presence.
Had a six line wrasse years back that always greeted me soon as I walked up to the tank. All fins would flutter and he would raise his dorsal up and down in excitement. Always like he was happy I returned. He had lots of personality and it was really enjoyable to watch him patrol through his aqua scape. Whenever I added something new, like a coral, he would look it over for a while, either in awe of its beauty like me or perhaps searching it for a possible meal.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOUR KIDS ENJOY YOUR AQUARIUM(S)? SHARE A FAVORITE MEMORY OF YOUR LITTLE ONE(S) WITH YOUR TANK!

• Yes, they love it!

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • They're not super interested...

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Not yet, they're too young to understand.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I'm not a parent, but if I become one I hope they'll enjoy it!

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 5 11.6%
Back