First poster in PNW forum?

Fungusamongus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone near Tacoma that has any liverock for sale to help seed my tank? Local stores have sooo much Aiptasia. Havent been up to Barrier Reef in a bit, but last time i did go they were having something goong on with their tanks and i didnt see any live rock for sale. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Spicy Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone near Tacoma that has any liverock for sale to help seed my tank? Local stores have sooo much Aiptasia. Havent been up to Barrier Reef in a bit, but last time i did go they were having something goong on with their tanks and i didnt see any live rock for sale. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Have you tried posting in local groups on FB?
ISO live rock...

AGWL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here from the Seattle area! 60g mixed reef. Constantly re-guessing my rock work and arguing with my protein skimmer (it's currently winning). Tomato clown, blue velvet damsel, arc-eye hawkfish, BTA, pencil urchin, tuxedo urchin, coral banded shrimp, electric eye scallop, brittle starfish, 4 emerald crabs, sally lightfoot crab, pom pom crab, 4 conchs, and a random smattering of miscellaneous snails and hermits. Zoas, candy canes, duncans, ricordeas, and way more pulsing Xenia than I ever wanted.
IMG_1055.jpg

Fungusamongus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here from the Seattle area! 60g mixed reef. Constantly re-guessing my rock work and arguing with my protein skimmer (it's currently winning). Tomato clown, blue velvet damsel, arc-eye hawkfish, BTA, pencil urchin, tuxedo urchin, coral banded shrimp, electric eye scallop, brittle starfish, 4 emerald crabs, sally lightfoot crab, pom pom crab, 4 conchs, and a random smattering of miscellaneous snails and hermits. Zoas, candy canes, duncans, ricordeas, and way more pulsing Xenia than I ever wanted.
IMG_1055.jpg
Welcome! Sounds like a lot of fun. What skimmer is giving you that much trouble?

AGWL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Sounds like a lot of fun. What skimmer is giving you that much trouble?
It's a Reef Octopus BH90. If you even look at it funny, it starts pulling clear water and overflowing.

My favorite LFS was price matching this weekend and I was able to score a Tunze Comline DOC Skimmer 9004 DC for pretty cheap. I haven't set it up just yet (sick kids at home) but am eager to see what it can do.

Fungusamongus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a Reef Octopus BH90. If you even look at it funny, it starts pulling clear water and overflowing.

My favorite LFS was price matching this weekend and I was able to score a Tunze Comline DOC Skimmer 9004 DC for pretty cheap. I haven't set it up just yet (sick kids at home) but am eager to see what it can do.

Oh nice! The reviews look good. I hope it isnt as finicky. I opted out of getting a reef octopus (in sump version). Some people just love them though. I went with the Simplicity DC. It is a work horse and super quiet.
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and that the kiddoes get better soon.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back