Fish can have friends?

henryriesett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I got this Tomini tang today, and he seems to be following around my valentini puffer. There is no aggression, he just seems to be comfortable around the puffer. Is that a possibility?

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mandarin is a big fan of cuddling with lawnmower blennies, and my engineer goby likes the mandarin and firefish using his main tunnel as their nighttime retreat. My hallichorus wrasse really likes to hang with my chromis when they roam.

Watching my marine fish has really changed my opinion on what fish are, they def have some sort none survival only behaviors and seem to socialize.

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mandarin and twin spot goby are best friends! they follow each other around looking for pods all day

TBSB2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. My Purple Tang and Copperband Butterfly are buddies. I have seen the Tang stop other fish in the tank from messing with the Copperband. Had a Sailfin that picked on the Copperband, and the Purple would put the Sainfin in it's place. The only fish allowed in the Purple Tangs hole, Copperband.

tobster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, blue hippo and Japanese swallow tail are friends. They seem to keep the peace with the rest of the tank.

litsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My baby convict follows around my wrasses all day. When he isn't next to my mccosker's he'll switch over to trailing my exquisite wrasse. Neither seem to be too bothered by the little guy

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I got this Tomini tang today, and he seems to be following around my valentini puffer. There is no aggression, he just seems to be comfortable around the puffer. Is that a possibility?

Yep probably buddies! My tang and eel are the best friend

Attachments

• IMG_6742.jpeg
    IMG_6742.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 17
Back