tim_th3_t00l_man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

See video attached.

I have a rather stable tank and notice my spot tail blenny seems to be “flashing”. It’s random and he seems healthy. Eats very well and is a little chunky. Could this be the fish trying to scare me away? Or being territorial?
Parameters

Calcium: 450

Magnesium: 1440

KH: 11.5

Phosphate: .25

Nitrate: 0

PH: 8

Salinity: 1.026

Attachments

• IMG_2548.mov
    80 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello all,

See video attached.

I have a rather stable tank and notice my spot tail blenny seems to be “flashing”. It’s random and he seems healthy. Eats very well and is a little chunky. Could this be the fish trying to scare me away? Or being territorial?
Parameters

While they tend to do this, it does appear more pronounced and to be safe and safe to do within the display tank- you can add either ruby rally pro or praziPro, but dose at 85% of the bottle recommendation and add air stone as prazi can reduce appetite and oxygen. Apply initial dosage and allow to run for 8 days, do a water change and apply one more dosage for 8 days.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

See video attached.

Parameters

Sometimes, flashing like this can be behavioral, but I think in this case, it is gill flukes. You can try treating that with Prazipro, dosed 8 days apart, with good aeration (not just circulation). Stop collecting any skimmate (but still run the skimmer) and don't run carbon in the filter. Dose for the actual volume of the tank (minus the rock displacement which is often about 15%).

Jay

OP
OP
tim_th3_t00l_man

tim_th3_t00l_man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the suggestions. At this time I’m going to hold off. Due to I noticed it was only doing this when I was around the tank. Also I saw that he and my Randall goby have become friends. I have a Randall pistol shrimp under there living with the goby.
IMG_2568.jpeg

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 9.1%
Back