KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry - I like that it is external, so I could run it next to my sump
Me too!
I have a huge sump and was thinking I would set up a refuge in one of the compartments but I like the idea of having the canister remote so I can keep the algae contained for easy maintenance instead of having to clean inside the sump!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Check out the Geo's Reef website and make a post in this threaf telling us your favorite product that you found there.
They have a great selection of products but I was happy to find that they have 1/4 pipe fittings and replacement parts for these difficult to find items.

They have nice reactors and supply pumps and all kinds of goodies, but 1/4 bulkheads, this is the place that has them!

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased multiple of the 418 and the 618 v1s and have had frustration with removing the lights. I appreciate that he provided a cheaper and simpler option and I look forward to seeing how the new crimson LEDs perform. I believe I already follow on Facebook Instagram and subscribe on YouTube. Always been a huge geo fan. If there's anything I'd like to see him make is some form of modular sump. You have a simple base unit but you have the option to attach a refugium or an ATO reservoir an0d the customization can be done individually by the customers instead of having Geo make custom sumps for people himself. You can buy a basic sump, but later attach a auto top off reservoir to it or a refugium pending on your needs. I've personally been working on making modular sumps where baffles can potentially be moved to make more space in certain compartments to allow for bigger skimmers or different afrs. I think this would potentially bring in more new reefers who don't want to throw down a bunch of money on one of the top of the line sumps, but know that later down the road they can upgrade it if they want to. You just make standardized sizes for add-on parts and attach them through bulkheads or unions whichever works best so the price of a quality sump doesn't seem intimidating to new reefers until they really get into the hobby and won't hesitate to upgrade their system. Also while I understand that a lot of the things he's done are unique and exclusive I think would be nice to have an option of getting an AFR sump without the actual clarisea motor and roll. I have at least five of them and would definitely feel more inclined if I could just plug that part into the sump. It's no lie that gen 3 cost a good bit of money. Providing sumps that allow the user to easily upgrade parts on I believe would result in higher quantities of sales. Jill already has an amazing reputation for his aesthetics and work but the price tag, though worth it, could easily scare off new reefers and with afrs becoming more and more popular I feel as though people would be less inclined to buy sumpd with sock filters

Also I feel like the addition of smaller cryptic reactors and media reactors and potentially a 418 of the new model of Algeria reactor could bring in buyers who have limited sump space under the cabinet and don't necessarily need a huge tank

Last edited:

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might have to pick one up while they are on sale. love the foot print of these.
official entry.

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive always loved the setup of the sumps they make,
bonus entry

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Signed up for email:
email.jpg

DO YOU PRIORITIZE YOUR TANK AFTER A LONG DAY?

• Yes, my tank helps me with day-to-day stress relief.

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • Yes, even if I don't feel like it.

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • It depends on the day.

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • No, I'll try to save my "tank work" for a different day.

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back