Ghost Tank

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I have other tank build threads this one is going to be my new "official" one. My wife and I decided to do a renovation on our house and of course I am incorporating a bigger tank and a fish room!!! I've been calling this my Ghost Tank because it has been a dream to have a 200+ gallon tank for a long time and the logistics never seemed to work out...until now! We met with our architect the other day and this plan is officially in motion!!! Ill be posting all the updates from when we actually receive plans so you can see everything come together from the ground up! Also be sure to follow me @Reef_with_keith on instagram! Without further ado here is the game plan!

Waterbox Peninsula 7225: 231gallon system with a 167 gallon display. The tank is going to be built into the wall, but I wanted a peninsula so I can see everything while I am in the fish room, and others can see from the living room. I'll be putting a curtain in the fish room so you cant see that area when it's not in use.

The room will have a water mixing station and sink right next to the tank for easy water changes and mixing, and a desk for me to do my testing at. Ill also put in some shelving for storage as well as a phyto culture.

Lights: Radion XR 30 Blue x 3
Refugium Light: ACKE - grows chaeto like a champ!
Pump: Orlushy DC-9000 up to 2377GPH- Orlushy in my opinion is such a great bang for your buck.
Skimmer: Waterbox Skimmer- Im going with the skimmer that comes with the tank- typically I'm a Reef Octopus guy but we will see how this one shakes out.
Heater: Hyger 1000watt- maybe 800watt
ATO-WONICE Smart ATO lite
Filter: Reefmat 1200 fleece roller
Powerheads: Jebao SCP-180 gyre & Uniclife (2100GPH DC adjustable)

I plan on using dry rock and a medium grain crushed coral substrate.

The game plan as always is a mixed reef, however this go round I believe I am going to be more on the SPS dominant side. I've been having a lot of fun with my acros lately and want to pick my game up there.

Stocking- this is a preliminary list and unlikely that I will have everyone listed here but now that I have the space you can bet there's gonna be a tang gang! If you are a believer in the 1 inch per gallon rule this is 152 inches of fish for a 167g display.

- Achilles Tang: total bucket list fish! With a high flow environment it should be happy.
- Gemmatum Tang
- Purple Tang (to be introduced at the same time as the Gem to try to avoid fights)
- Tomini Tang
- White tail Bristletooth Tang
-Naso Tang-maybe
-Blue Tang- maybe
-Lyretail Anthias
-Foxface Lo
- Tiger watchman Goby & Pistol Shrimp
- Starry Blenny
- Red mandarin- would love a pair!
- Melanaurus wrasse
- Red head Solon Fairy wrasse
- Orange back fairy wrasse
- Mystery wrasse
- Chalk bass x5
-Clownfish pair
- various inverts

I cant wait to get started on this one and look forward to all of your feedback!!!

1715288769435.png

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! The naso probably isnt a good fit, I have one that I was caring for (family member needed me to take her temporarily) but due to issues in the family shes now mine. Shes in my 6 foot tank and boy has she grown big. Im glad Im upgrading to a 300 gallon display because she would very quickly outgrow the tank!

OP
OP
Keko21

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! The naso probably isnt a good fit, I have one that I was caring for (family member needed me to take her temporarily) but due to issues in the family shes now mine. Shes in my 6 foot tank and boy has she grown big. Im glad Im upgrading to a 300 gallon display because she would very quickly outgrow the tank!
Yea they are fast growers! I'm just waiting on the final architectural plans to come in in about 4 weeks then its off to the races!

I'm really debating if I want to sell my current tank and just start completely fresh.

OP
OP
Keko21

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was slowly buying upgrades in preparation for my current tank. Was running one but had planned on bigger so whenever I was getting something it was always scaled to my upgrade.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 187 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back