Giant Flatworm!

|sCRIBe|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I was looking at the bottom of a snail til I realized this was a flat worm and it was huge compared to anything I’ve seen before. I didn’t take any chances and got it out with tongs and a siphon but what the heck is this thing?
D4905B70-C000-4D69-BD16-095CC41F232C.jpeg
8B0534EB-FEFE-4365-86EC-8CAB8FAAE335.jpeg

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe Polyclad? Also, I would take a tube and syphon it out ASAP, they rip into pieces to create more if you disturb them.
P.S I haven’t seen a single beneficial flatworm in this hobby.

OP
OP
|sCRIBe|

|sCRIBe|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe Polyclad? Also, I would take a tube and syphon it out ASAP, they rip into pieces to create more if you disturb them.
P.S I haven’t seen a single beneficial flatworm in this hobby.
yea it does look like some type of polyclad but who knows if this is a bad one? I didn’t realize til after the tongs got half of it and the other half I sucked up with a syphon. A couple tiny grain size pieces got away. dang this sucks if it turns into something bad down the road

Thenoobie225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can freshwater dip them and they will die away or if you just wanna do it naturally get a yellow coris wrasse

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea it does look like some type of polyclad but who knows if this is a bad one? I didn’t realize til after the tongs got half of it and the other half I sucked up with a syphon. A couple tiny grain size pieces got away. dang this sucks if it turns into something bad down the road
Yeah chances are it’s bad. Dip your euphillia occasionally, I know most of these guys eat corals.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

SHOULD WE KEEP PREDATORY FISH IN HOME AQUARIUMS? SHARE YOUR FAVORITE PREDATORY FISH?

• Yes, but only if the owner is adequately prepared and knowledgeable about keeping predatory fish.

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No, predatory fish require more care than what we can give in our homes.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • It depends on which predatory fish is in question.

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back