Glue or Bonding Corals?

reinert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a recommendation for setting the corals in place? I have one area of rock that will not hold corals with the bonding agent my LFS gave me. I lost one grass looking coral because it would not stay and kept getting knocked down my the hermit crad or the giant snail. Now I have another in that area and the green&white bonding stick stuff seems to only work on that side for a few short days then it stops bonding and the coral gets knocked down. I don't want to lose another coral due to stress. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thank you.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cyanoacrylate gel adhesive is what you want. Gel Superglue. There are a lot of different prices available, Gorilla products seem the most expensive with Seachem running a very close second place. I have used this brand, it works great. I use this to glue Coral and Frags to the rockwork in my tank. Even used Gel to glue the rock work together when I built my reef.

1727438337046.png

Another trick for bonding Coral Rock is to get some un-used cigarette filters and thin Cyanoacrylate Glue, you shred the filter and then place it between the 2 rocks you want to bond and soak the filter with glue. Wait 10 seconds and you have a Fiber re-enforced bond. I used RAW brand natural unrefined cotton filters.
1727438528443.png

OP
OP
R

reinert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cyanoacrylate gel adhesive is what you want. Gel Superglue. There are a lot of different prices available, Gorilla products seem the most expensive with Seachem running a very close second place. I have used this brand, it works great. I use this to glue Coral and Frags to the rockwork in my tank. Even used Gel to glue the rock work together when I built my reef.

1727438337046.png

Another trick for bonding Coral Rock is to get some un-used cigarette filters and thin Cyanoacrylate Glue, you shred the filter and then place it between the 2 rocks you want to bond and soak the filter with glue. Wait 10 seconds and you have a Fiber re-enforced bond. I used RAW brand natural unrefined cotton filters.
1727438528443.png
Thank you so much!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back