GSP looking bad

pwendlandt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there!

I know some people hate it and some people love GSP I for one enjoy it when flow hits it and looks like neon grass tbh but I try to separate it from the main rocks.

I had a big pice a few months back and it was doing beautifully but then I went on a trip and when I came back my tank was full of ciano covering all the rocks and unfortunately also my GSP rock. I cut off the dead pieces and put it on another rock to see if it would do better but it’s been a few weeks and it’s looking very sad. Anyone know why this could be? And if it will ever recover?

My zoas are doing good and my pulsing Xenia is also doing quite well and I checked the parameters and everything seems to be in order.

Here are a few pictures of before and after (ignore the wrasse photobombing he likes to burry himself there)

IMG_7933.png IMG_7932.png IMG_7930.jpeg IMG_7931.jpeg

OP
OP
P

pwendlandt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems to be partly in the shade, and the its the shaded part that is dying off. Give it more light.
I tho if it that could be it but I also put it in the top of the reef directly down the light and although it does look much greener the pulips are still rather looking sad and very open.

Pod_01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked the parameters and everything seems to be in order.
Can you elaborate on this?

My GSP only looks retracted when something is off with parameters:

Happy GSP and parameters are good:
1726877666687.jpeg

Unhappy GSP:
1726877825084.jpeg

I find that GSP does love light.

eliaslikesfish

Kinda Addicted to Anemone’s and Clowns.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s pretty hard to tick off GSP, if no other corals are struggling i’d bet it is because of the shade. post your parameters here if you don’t mind though.

Back