Hammer Coral Issue

gt4profession

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so the Splatter Hammer Coral I have seems like its all retreated in and its been like this for a while, I amm talking weeks. Havent been able to get it out the tank to dip it due to a surgery. All the Parameters look good in the tank because all the acros and other LPS are doing great. Anyone have any ideas?
IMG_1947.jpg
IMG_1946.jpg

Tommy B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everything thing else is doing well in the tank you can narrow it down to something other than water params, maybe a pest of some kind that's hiding very well or fish bumping it.

I have had similar situations where my firefish would bolt and run into a coral every now and again.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sort of looks like it doesn't like it's neighbors but I assume it's been there for awhile and has been fine so who knows. It would definitely be good to pull it and give it a quick dip when you are able. At that point you could try a different spot and/or frag a head off to experiment a bit with in terms of placement around the tank.

OP
OP
gt4profession

gt4profession

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everything thing else is doing well in the tank you can narrow it down to something other than water params, maybe a pest of some kind that's hiding very well or fish bumping it.

I have had similar situations where my firefish would bolt and run into a coral every now and again.
so weird but yea I guess I’ll move it.

OP
OP
gt4profession

gt4profession

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sort of looks like it doesn't like it's neighbors but I assume it's been there for awhile and has been fine so who knows. It would definitely be good to pull it and give it a quick dip when you are able. At that point you could try a different spot and/or frag a head off to experiment a bit with in terms of placement around the tank.
I will dip it and maybe move it when I get a chance. Thanks for the help.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that just another branching hammer above it? It looks mad too on the right. Are these all for sure hammers and no hybrids?

OP
OP
gt4profession

gt4profession

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that just another branching hammer above it? It looks mad too on the right. Are these all for sure hammers and no hybrids?
The one beside it is a hammer, but the one to the right is a frog spawn. They have been in the same area for about I would say nine months.

OP
OP
gt4profession

gt4profession

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the flow like? Mine like to be ground level pretty much with a gentler circulation.
So I have two gyre pumps on the top, each side of the glass. On the back, I have two EcoTech mp40s on the back glass. The flow has been the same for some months now, but it’s just that hammer coral that’s doing whatever it’s doing. I have a suspicion. It might be a pest, but can’t put my hand in until I have healed up with my surgery yet. It’s been like that for I think three weeks already.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one beside it is a hammer, but the one to the right is a frog spawn. They have been in the same area for about I would say nine months.
That shouldn’t be a problem then. My hammers and frogs live together with no issues.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen it like this for this long.
I’ve had Gonis that went months withdrawn and pouty but hammers are only two ways for me. Happy or a quick caput. The fact that the tentacles are still showing a bit means they might get back with a bit of TLC

OP
OP
gt4profession

gt4profession

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had Gonis that went months withdrawn and pouty but hammers are only two ways for me. Happy or a quick caput. The fact that the tentacles are still showing a bit means they might get back with a bit of TLC
so if it was flatworms, do you think I’d be able to tell?

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear its been like it for at least 2 weeks. Seems like its nothing to worry about then.
I do worry.
The tang group is getting large and they are flying up and down the tank and this seems to cause the hammers and frogspawn garden, not to fully open.

Back