Help/Opinion: Light Height

kingalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 Philzon 165watt lights ( I know not the best but it’s what I’m working with). I’m placing them above a 125 gallon tank that has a water depth of 19”. I have one light that is stuck with the blues at 100% brightness and the others can be adjusted but the question being how high should I put these above the water line? I’m trying to do a mixed reef tank and don’t have access to a PAR meter at the moment but in a couple of weeks I’ll be able too.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have 3 Philzon 165watt lights ( I know not the best but it’s what I’m working with). I’m placing them above a 125 gallon tank that has a water depth of 19”. I have one light that is stuck with the blues at 100% brightness and the others can be adjusted but the question being how high should I put these above the water line? I’m trying to do a mixed reef tank and don’t have access to a PAR meter at the moment but in a couple of weeks I’ll be able too.
8-10" above water line and best checked with a PAR meter if you can rent one (LFS and local fish clubs)

OP
OP
kingalee

kingalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you currently have corals?
Yes I have a full tank beside it but it has custom lights on it that I know for sure the part isn’t where it needs to be.

Attachments

• IMG_5692.jpeg
    IMG_5692.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 7

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back