Help! Strawberry corallimorph has gotten a strange white patch

TheClown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m worried about my California strawberry anemone, I went on vacation for a week and a white spot appeared on one, they are a cold water species and pretty rare, sometimes called club tipped anemone also, I don’t know what to do but I don’t think this is a good thing, but it’s only this one, the rest don’t have any spots

IMG_4016.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’m worried about my California strawberry anemone, I went on vacation for a week and a white spot appeared on one, they are a cold water species and pretty rare, sometimes called club tipped anemone also, I don’t know what to do but I don’t think this is a good thing, but it’s only this one, the rest don’t have any spots

IMG_4016.jpeg
Pic quite blurry but may be expelling zooxanthellae which is inner algae and often occurs when there is too much light

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic quite blurry but may be expelling zooxanthellae which is inner algae and often occurs when there is too much light
Don't calimorphs wander and find more preferential placement? The under sides of my caves are covered in them. They were introduced on a piece of rubble with zoa's. Since then, there are none on the zoa rubble. I feel like I've seen them in transit.

Fun side note: After my pom pom crabs nems died. He replaced them with calimorphs. I'll try and get a picture next time he's out.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Don't calimorphs wander and find more preferential placement? The under sides of my caves are covered in them. They were introduced on a piece of rubble with zoa's. Since then, there are none on the zoa rubble. I feel like I've seen them in transit.

Fun side note: After my pom pom crabs nems died. He replaced them with calimorphs. I'll try and get a picture next time he's out.
At times yes especially if they are subject to too much light and/or water flow

Back