HELP With PSK-100H Skimmer w/ Sicce SK200 pump KEEPS SHUTTING OFF/OVERHEATING

kileki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All! I have a PSK-100H with a Sicce SK200 pump, the pump keeps randomly shutting down, (I have swapped out the pump and tried a brand new one and still get the same results). The pump runs for approx. 20min then just shuts off. I was wondering if you guys had any idea what could be causing this???

It seems the pump overheats and then trips off, any help is greatly appreciate!

OP
OP
kileki

kileki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try taking the end of the air tube and blowing in it to make sure it doesn’t feel restricted. It connects to a nipple on the bottom of the skimmer plumbing.

Maybe the nipple has a clog or the air tubing is clogged ?
6264219C-8491-4740-8CB0-0EBC71A6972A.jpeg
I actually just bought new tubing off amazon that arrives tomorrow morning, so I am just going to replace it completely

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kileki

kileki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I can throw some salt in there if you think that will help

EDIT: But when first trying to run it, I ran it in my nasty water change water (thats obviously salt water) and had same results.
That doesn't look right. With the air wide open, you should see allot more finer bubbles.....is its running in fresh water (versus salt)?

Upvote 0

FUNGI

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did water level increase inside chamber when capped?
I'm running out of ideas.....the only thing I can think is water "in" is somehow clogged and not allowing enough flow causing impeller to heat up...... but you cleaned including the elbow....I would look to that...maybe a snail shell or something......dont know buddy...maybe look at running a "snake" thru the piping.....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kileki

kileki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did water level increase inside chamber when capped?
I'm running out of ideas.....the only thing I can think is water "in" is somehow clogged and not allowing enough flow causing impeller to heat up...... but you cleaned including the elbow....I would look to that...maybe a snail shell or something......dont know buddy...maybe look at running a "snake" thru the piping.....
Yes it did, overflowed into cup for a second

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kileki

kileki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a different style wire brush with a more flexible line to be able to better snake through the piping, really hard to do multiple 90 degree turns with a coat hanger. It seems to me something with output tubing, once I wire through it again tomorrow, if it still doesn't work, it's just going in the garbage unfortunately. And will just end up biting the bullet and paying full price for a new one thats guaranteed to work.

Already got $200+ dollars into this thing now with buying a new pump, plus stuff to troubleshoot, getting really close to at this point it would have cost the same to buy a brand new one.

I really appreciate all of your help.

Upvote 0

FUNGI

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to do with both in and out.....
once its clear....I think you will find it works. There is nothing else that can be wrong with it. If you get fed up with it....post it for sale....as the pumps are worth $$ as its the same pump for a Aquamaxx 1.5....but I think you are there.....gotta be a snail shell or something....

Upvote 0

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 57 25.7%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 97 43.7%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 55 24.8%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 13 5.9%
Back