Help with Sump Water Levels

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I added a skimmer stand but I don't think I need it. With the skimmer stand, I hear the waterfall noises which I don't think I should be hearing, correct? Can the water level be the same for all chambers in the sump (if I take out the skimmer stand)? I'm just not sure how I am supposed to set the water levels in the sump.

20240822_185748.jpg

20240822_185840.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The skimmer has a water level range typically. The stand is only necessary if the skimmer is deeper in the sump than is recommended.

Most levels in the sump are not really adjustable. The return chamber will fall more quickly than the other chambers typically, but without adding some restrictions like a sponge in between chambers, they'll all be about the same height. Adding weirs can also raise the level of individual chambers.

OP
OP
Brisk

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer has a water level range typically. The stand is only necessary if the skimmer is deeper in the sump than is recommended.

Most levels in the sump are not really adjustable. The return chamber will fall more quickly than the other chambers typically, but without adding some restrictions like a sponge in between chambers, they'll all be about the same height. Adding weirs can also raise the level of individual chambers.

I tried it without the skimmer stand, which was at the right water level, but then the water level is equal in all the chambers. I just wasn't sure if the water level can be equal and I thought I read somewhere that each chamber has a lower water level. Is having the water level equal in all chambers fine then?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I tried it without the skimmer stand, which was at the right water level, but then the water level is equal in all the chambers. I just wasn't sure if the water level can be equal and I thought I read somewhere that each chamber has a lower water level. Is having the water level equal in all chambers fine then?
Yes. Mine are all the same with the exception of the return chamber which is about a half inch to an inch lower. Some chambers in some sumps have weird which makes that specific chamber run higher such as a refugium chamber in the ESHOPPS sumps.

OP
OP
Brisk

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Mine are all the same with the exception of the return chamber which is about a half inch to an inch lower. Some chambers in some sumps have weird which makes that specific chamber run higher such as a refugium chamber in the ESHOPPS sumps.

Thank you!

Back