hey all!

snookin321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey i have a 30 gallon nano and was wondering if 10 gallons of water change every 2 weeks would be too much...after surviving a pretty bad tank crash and bad algae problems i want to do it the right way this time around....after letting my tank sit for like 6 months with just my clowns and just weekly 5 gallon water changes i feel like everything is stable again......every 3 days i usually replace my filter floss and clean my bagged media......should i just stick with 5 gallons a week? or can i up it to 10 gallons a week as i add more coral in? how bout you nano owners what is your maintenance schedule like? thanks in advance!

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't do any water changes.

try balancing out your tank with a refugium and macro algaes. Nitrates and phosphates are 0 in my systems.

I do still get some algae but no where near the tank covering type.

my .02

OP
OP
S

snookin321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't do any water changes.

try balancing out your tank with a refugium and macro algaes. Nitrates and phosphates are 0 in my systems.

I do still get some algae but no where near the tank covering type.

my .02

really...your tank must be up and running for a while......how big is your tank?......so all you do is just top off's? not even yearly water changes?

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do 3-5 gallon changes every week or two on a 14 gallon biocube. WC's include scraping the glass, blowing the rock off with a turkey baster, and having a fist fight with my mean little black clownfish.

Back