IMG_1726.jpeg

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, my name is Kaylem.
I am 17yeays old and starting my journey into reef keeping as I am interested in marine biology. My dad is a very experienced reef keeper with about 15 years of reef keeping experience. However we have recently emigrated 1 month ago and now live in Abu Dhabi, we did not have a reef tank for about 10 years before we moved to Abu Dhabi. I'm sure many new technologies and practices have been developed since my dad's last reef tank so we will both learn a little. In my case everything and in his case all the new stuff.
My dad and I have designed our reef tank, sump and stand with the available space in the living room. Our goal a rimless lagoon reef in a 7 foot length. We have just received the stand yesterday and our glass will arrive in another few days.
I'm sure we can post some pics and details of how we go about building our system. Our fish will be a mixture of tangs and angels with some smaller filler fish and we will mainly keep SPS corals once we feel the water is stable enough over a few months.

Our account on Reef2Reef will be used by both my dad and I so I guess we should sign off with our name so it's easy to see who is posting. Another reason for us joining Reef2Reef is that I am a very shy person and generally find it a challenge to communicate with people and I hope that joining this community will help me with my communication skills. My other interests are gaming on Xbox and drawing/sketching.

Kaylem.
Sounds like a GREAT father-son project. I tell ya, you'll look back on this 40 years later as a very cool thing. Trust me.

So Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!!!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU PREFER BIGGER TANKS OR SMALLER TANKS? WHY?

• The bigger the tank, the better it is!

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • The smaller the tank, the sweeter it is!

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 7.7%
Back