Hopefully not Aiptasia

jmgre1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I noticed this tiny guy growing in a crevice. I hadn’t seen it before and the tank is a few months old with not much in it.
If Aiptasia I’d like to get rid of it while I can, but it does not look like it to me.
Anyway here are some pics
IMG_0757.jpeg
IMG_0756.jpeg

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I noticed this tiny guy growing in a crevice. I hadn’t seen it before and the tank is a few months old with not much in it.
If Aiptasia I’d like to get rid of it while I can, but it does not look like it to me.
Anyway here are some pics
IMG_0757.jpeg
IMG_0756.jpeg
Looks like either a feather duster or perhaps a single zoanthid polyp.

It's not aiptasia

OP
OP
J

jmgre1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all, it is super small and hard to make out. I also thought it looked like a little zoa, but I havent had any and there are no corals on that rock (plus it showed up almost overnight). I will keep this thread updated as it grows and perhaps try get some clearer pics.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all, it is super small and hard to make out. I also thought it looked like a little zoa, but I havent had any and there are no corals on that rock (plus it showed up almost overnight). I will keep this thread updated as it grows and perhaps try get some clearer pics.
I've had all sorts of useful things sneak in piggy backed on live rock - sometimes not showing up for months.
Urchins, zoas, starfish, etc

Some not so nice stuff too, but the hitchchiker here looks to me to be harmless.

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 12.5%
Back